Public Health Emergency Preparedness is responsible for all the planning activities that allow for a safe and prepared community.
Operating through a grant from the Iowa Department of Public Health, Public Health Emergency Preparedness develops plans and ideas to help protect the community against threats such as pandemic influenza, biological or chemical agent, and natural disasters.
Public Health Emergency Preparedness staff actively work with other community agencies to work towards good communication and the sharing of resources.
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Iowa Department of Public Health - Center for Disaster Operations and Response (CDOR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Iowa Department of Public Health - Bureau of EMS
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Emergency Preparedness and Response Page
- National Library of Medicine - Anthrax Information
- New York State Department of Health - Bioterrorism Information
- Pandemicflu.gov - Avian and Pandemic Flu Information
- Protect Iowa Health
Phone: (712) 382-1520
Fax: (712) 382-2023
2967 US Hwy 275
Hamburg, IA 51640
8:00 am - 4:30 pm (M-F)